Excellent Detector Performance
The 6000 Series HPLC Chromatogram comes with a portfolio of detectors including Ultraviolet and Diode Array Detector, Fluorescence and Refractive Index all designed for stability, precision, and sensitivity.
Low Volume Degassing Options
The low-volume degassing unit reduces solvent purging time and reduces the amount of solvent used
To avoid any salt precipitation from the mobile phase. The SCION 6000 Series HPLC can be configured with an auto plunger washing mechanism that prevents damage to the pump seal or the plunger.
Extra Large Solvent Cabinet
The SCION 6510 Organiser is designed for multiple-liquid operation and can hold different bottle sizes to accommodate multiple applications.
Manual Injection Valve
For educational purposes, or low throughput applications a manual injector can be added to the 6000 Series instead of the 6210/6220 Autosampler. A manual valve ensures great repeatability for situations where a single good result is needed.
Superior Gradient Performance and Excellent Flow Rate Precision
The SCION 6100 Quaternary pump has a new low-pressure mode called High Frequency Mode (HFM), which utilises a double switching function of proportioning valves. HFM with the high-speed real-time feedback control system greatly suppresses liquid pulsation for superior reproducibility of gradient and retention times.
Excellent Injection Volume Precision and Ultra-Low Carry-Over
The high-precision syringe drive unit provides excellent injection volume precision. Dead volume in the SCION 6210/6220 Autosampler flow path has been minimised. Syringe washing protocols, and stringent temperature control has resulted in a superior precision autosampler with extremely low carry-over.
Peltier-Based Heating and cooling
The SCION 6310 Column Oven delivers accurate Peltier-based heating cooling profiles, delivering sharp peaks with excellent peak symmetry. The column oven accommodates three 250 mm analytical columns fitted with a guard-column. We are able to offer a full product line of LC columns with our 6000 Series HPLC, effective immediately. A wide selection of base materials, dimensions, functional groups, and particle sizes are now available to fit most HPLC applications. For more demanding applications, the SCION 6320 column oven can house three 400mm columns or six 150mm columns.
Compass CDs Control
The SCION LC 6000 Liquid Chromatograph offers complete support through CompassCDS, adding full instrument control and automation, a complete suite of integration, calibration and reporting tools whilst allowing for full 21CFR11 compliance
High performance liquid chromatography plays an important role in oil and gas industry processes.
Some key applications of HPLC in the oil and gas industry include:
- Hydrocarbon Analysis: to determine the composition and concentration of hydrocarbons in crude oil and petroleum products. This analysis helps in assessing the quality, purity, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Contaminant Detection: to identify and quantify impurities and contaminants that can impact the quality and performance of petroleum products. It aids in ensuring compliance with environmental regulations and product specifications.
- Additive Analysis: analyzing additives, added to petroleum products to enhance their performance and stability. Accurate determination of additive concentrations is essential to maintain product quality and meet industry requirements.
- Residue Analysis: to detect and quantify residue levels of pesticides, herbicides, and other chemical contaminants in crude oil and refined petroleum products. This analysis helps ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Quality Control: enables the monitoring and verification of product specifications, including the identification and quantification of impurities, ensuring that petroleum products meet industry standards and customer expectations.
Overall, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) provides valuable analytical capabilities in the oil and gas industry, supporting quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and ensuring the safe and efficient production, processing, and distribution of petroleum products. With highly specialised analysers available that comply with ASTM, EN, ISO, IP and GPA standards and methodologies, you can be confident your results are meeting regulatory requirements.
High-performance liquid chromatography is extensively used in the chemical industry for a wide range of applications. Here are some key applications in which HPLC is utilized:
- Compound Analysis and Identification: for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of chemical compounds in various samples. It helps in identifying the presence of target compounds.
- Quality Control: allows for the assessment of product purity, the determination of impurities, and the verification of product specifications. HPLC helps ensure that chemical products meet the required standards and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Separation and Purification: for the separation and purification of complex mixtures of chemical compounds. It enables the isolation of desired compounds, the removal of impurities, and the purification of products.
- Stability Studies: to evaluate the degradation and shelf-life of chemical compounds. It helps determine the presence of degradation products, monitor the stability of formulations, and assess the effectiveness of preservatives and antioxidants.
- Process Monitoring: for real-time monitoring of chemical reactions and process control. It enables the measurement of reaction progress, monitoring of intermediates and by-products, and optimization of reaction conditions.
- Research and Development: HPLC is an indispensable tool in chemical research and development. It helps in the synthesis and analysis of novel compounds, characterization of reaction products, and optimization of chemical processes.
In summary, liquid chromatography is a versatile technique widely used in the chemical industry. Its ability to provide accurate and reliable results makes it an invaluable tool in various chemical applications.
High-performance liquid chromatography is an essential technique in the pharmaceutical industry, playing a crucial role in drug development, quality control, and regulatory compliance. Here are some key applications of HPLC in the pharmaceutical industry:
- Drug Compound Analysis: HPLC enables the separation, identification, and quantification of compounds in drug formulations, ensuring their purity, potency, and adherence to regulatory specifications.
- Formulation Development: to study the compatibility and stability of drug compounds with excipients, monitoring the degradation and interaction of drug components, and determining the dissolution profiles of formulations.
- Bioanalytical Analysis: HPLC facilitates the quantification of drugs and their metabolites in biological fluids, supporting bioavailability studies, therapeutic drug monitoring, and assessment of drug-drug interactions.
- Dissolution Testing: which assesses the release rate of drugs from solid dosage forms, such as tablets and capsules. HPLC enables the measurement of drug dissolution profiles, ensuring that the drug is released in a controlled and consistent manner.
Liquid chromatography plays a critical role in various aspects of pharmaceutical development. Its precision, sensitivity, and ability to handle complex samples make it an indispensable tool in the pharmaceutical industry.